As Summer approaches, most of us are desperate to cram in some extra gym sessions, and banish fatty foods in order to look our best on the beach.
Healthy eating plays a huge part in how we look and sometimes it isn’t as easy as it seems, so here are a few foods that will benefit your beach body AND help you on the road to healthy skin!
- Broccoli: This super-veg contains a variety of antioxidant phytochemicals that help stimulate the production of enzymes that detoxify cancer-causing and ageing chemicals in the body. They also improve your skin by stimulating oil production and aiding in the production of collagen.
- Cucumber: The peel is made of silica, a building block of skin-plumping collagen.
- Berries: Blue, black and red berries and dark cherries get their colour from the antioxidant flavonoid anthocyanin. Studies show this can strengthen the walls of small blood vessels, helping to prevent unsightly thread veins. They also stimulate oil and collagen production to boost the youthful appearance of your skin.
- Avocados: They’re full of healthy fats, iron, potassium, magnesium and vitamins A, C and E which rejuvenate the skin and reduce eye puffiness.
- Porridge: Oats contain high levels of a mineral called Salicylic Acid that plumps up the cells in skin – slowing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.